Saturday 10 August 2019

"The Boss!"

For I am the LORD your God, 
who churns up the sea so that its waves roar – 
the Lord Almighty is his name.
I have put my words in your mouth 
and covered you with the shadow of my hand – 
I who set the heavens in place, 
who laid the foundations of the earth, 
and who said to Zion, “You are my people.”            Isa. 51. 15,16


Through Isaiah, God is constantly reminding us of who He is. His power is without limit. His love defies all boundaries, and He is ever mindful of His people. He scorns those who set themselves up above Him. He is constantly encouraging His people not to be intimidated by these mere mortal “bullies”. His words are “Fear not”. He assures us of His presence with us at all times. We have nothing to fear. Yet, somehow we manage to get ourselves into a fearful state.

There are so many times in the Scriptures when God tells us not to fear nor be fretful. Through Paul, He tells us to “be anxious for nothing.” An early response of mine to these Godly encouragements is to see us as grossly disobedient. God tells us not to, yet this is often the very thing that we do.

Are we, perhaps, not getting the reality of who God is? He is the beginning and the end – and all things between. He challenges me to realise, and live in the reality that nothing is impossible to him. He reminds me that I can do all things in Him for he gives me strength. I live in this. I fully believe that God can do anything, but I also realise that it is He who decides what He will do, and when.

When I am faced with a challenge of any kind, I am not going to be anxious or fearful. I shall look to Him, for I know I will receive strength in Him to get through victoriously. I also know that He will be with me in all circumstances.



Lord, Mighty God,
I thank you for the protection and the strength that I receive in You. I look to go forward with You. I am excited. Hallelujah!                  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment