Tuesday 6 August 2019

Spiritual Nourishment

Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation.                                 1 Peter.2.2


The milk that Peter refers to here is not the milk of 1 Cor. 3.2 or Heb. 5.12-14, which is presented as unfavourable in contrast with solid food.

This milk is seen as appropriate nourishment. I pray that at every stage of my spiritual walk I will crave appropriate nourishment just as a new born babe craves milk.

My growth in salvation, in which I see the process of sanctification, is fuelled by the spiritual milk I drink.

The God I crave feeding from is good, loving and generous. He will not withhold the right amount and grade of spiritual milk from me as I crave and request it.

I believe I will continue to need spiritual milk – or appropriate nourishment – throughout my life. I also believe that, as I ask for it, I will receive. The grace of God surpasses all human understanding. I am a child of grace. I thank God for this, and I entreat Him for continual feeding for my spiritual nourishment, growth and witness.



Lord God,
I thank You that I can call to You, and expect to receive appropriate spiritual nourishment at every stage of my journey.
Your Word feeds me and I thank You for it. Study feeds me and I am grateful that You allow me to do this. Godly relationships feed me and I appreciate each and every relationship You lead me into.
I crave nourishment from You. I come before You in simple request – that You feed me. Let me know You more. Please, build me up in You, not simply for myself but that I might encourage others.
Give me, please, the nourishment I need and use me, if You will, to nourish and nurture others. I ask this in Jesus’ name.         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment