Friday 23 August 2019

For me

But he was pierced for our transgressions, 
he was crushed for our iniquities; 
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, 
and by his wounds we are healed.                        Isa. 53.5


I really need to take in these words and understand the significance and relevance to me. Isaiah is talking about “The Servant”. To me, this, means Jesus.


Jesus was pierced, most assuredly, by the nails in His feet and the wound in His side. Whilst He took this on Himself for the whole world – at least for those who would receive Him, I take these words, and His action, for myself. Jesus died for me. He gave His earthly life that I might live.

The ultimate promise to me is eternal life, but I can also live in Him in this present, earthly life. He is with me now, at this present moment. He will be with me tomorrow, and every day to follow. This comes to me through the suffering He endured for me. He was pierced and crushed. As He did this for me, as He gave His earthly life vicariously in place of me, let me try and place myself in His position. It is too painful to bear. I know I could not have endured the vicious actions of ruthless people.

Jesus suffered for me. Now He is beyond suffering. He lives in glory, seated in majesty and splendour with the Father in the heavenly realm. And I am still in His thoughts and His prayers. I know His peace most wonderfully. I receive healing through the wounds that He bore for me. I am assured of eternal life in glory. I owe Him so much, which I know I will never be able to repay. All I can do is to thank Him.


Lord Jesus,
I give You thanks from the entirety of my heart and my being. I gratefully and humbly receive all that You have done for me.
I know I can never repay You, but I aim to devote my life to You. Receive me, please, and lead me forward in witness to You.                  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment