Sunday 18 August 2019

The Gate

“I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.”                                    John 10.9


The gate is the entry point, the place at which we enter into what is before us. Jesus is the gate to salvation. He is the entry point to eternal life, and He is the only way.

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”(John 14.6) 

Inside this place there is welcome, safety and belonging. And from this place, the security of salvation, one can go forth and find pasture, and the satisfying of all needs.

I believe it’s important that the going forth, into the world to satisfy earthly needs, is grounded and saturated in the knowledge and experience that we have entered through the gate, and live in salvation in Christ, and the assurance of eternal life.



Lord God,
I thank You for the gate to salvation, eternal life, and You, that is provided in Jesus. I thank You also that You have called me and allowed me to pass through the Jesus gate. I thank You that I am able to “come in” and know the security of being in Your Kingdom, experiencing and living daily in the reality of Your love.
I thank You that I can also “go out”, into this world to gather what I might need to sustain my life here. I want this “going out” to be firmly based upon the “coming in”. I believe this to be so. I ask You to affirm and consolidate this in me.
I pray for opportunities to lead others through the Jesus gate. I ask You to prepare them such that they will be ready to receive Jesus. I pray for God-ordained meetings with these people. I ask that You lead the whole process through Your Holy Spirit.
I commit this day to You. Lead me in the fulfilment of Your plans for me today, that Your purposes might be achieved in my life. I ask this is Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment