Monday 19 August 2019

Praise and glory

May the glory of the LORD endure for ever;
may the LORD rejoice in his works – 
he who looks at the earth, and it trembles, 
who touches the mountains, and they smoke.           Ps. 104.31,32


God’s glory is displayed in all of creation and this psalm is a wonderful song of celebration, a prayer to God in beautiful poetic form.

But God Himself is much greater than creation. He could undo so much with a simple look or a touch.

I exalt this wonderful God, my Lord and my Saviour. I join with the psalmist in lifting up praise to my wonderful Creator, clothed in splendour and majesty.

I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. (Psalm 104.33)

Praise the Lord, O my soul.
Praise the Lord.



Lord God,
Great Creator, Heavenly Father, wonderful Saviour and Precious Friend,
I lift Your name up to the highest heavens. I glorify You for the almighty being that You are. I bow in humble adoration before You. I join with the psalmist and pray that my meditation will be pleasing to You as I rejoice in You.
Glorious Lord, my heart sings out to You. I rejoice in You with all of my being. I seek You in all things.
I bring myself before You, repentant of all my sins. Father, forgive me, and strengthen me in Your Words and Your Spirit to resist sinful thoughts and actions. I ask You to lead me away from temptation into the fullness of Your holy ways. Deliver me from all evil. Let me live in the joy of Your presence. I rejoice in You. Receive my praise. Draw me to You. Lead me through his day in Your blessed and wonderful company, in Jesus’ name I ask.         Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment