Monday 2 July 2018

Seeing the unseen

By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter…
By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured, as seeing Him who is unseen.                                                                                        Heb. 11.24, 27


Moses had the world at his feet, the physical world, that is. As the son of Pharaoh’s daughter he could have taken just about anything the world had to offer. All physical enjoyment and all worldly fulfilment was his for the taking. But he did not take this. Instead, he chose the way that is contrary to the world. He chose God’s way. He chose to reach out to the great unseen and to believe in the great God whom he could not see. He could not see, that is, with his physical eyes but it seems that the eyes of his heart saw. The eyes of faith saw. The eyes of faith were the eyes that he chose to look through. He was sure of what he hoped for and certain of what he could not see. His faith was in the unseen. He had great assurance in, and from, the invisible God.

He did not fear man, not even the powerful Pharaoh whose wrath could have destroyed him. He did not fear because he had a holy fear of a God who was far more powerful than the most supreme power broker of man.

Moses lived and walked in faith. And God favoured him. God blessed him and honoured him. Moses was at ease with separation from the world. He was able, readily it seems, to refuse the pleasure and the honour and the riches of the world. He lived rather to endure ill-treatment with the people of God not to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin. He considered the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt. He was looking to the reward of eternity. He saw his present existence in the light of the divine whole. God had a plan for Moses, a specific plan which would see the most amazing purposes of God fulfilled. And Moses was fully committed to the realisation of God’s plan for his life. He chose faith, and faith is the greater path.



Lord God,
I rejoice at the faith of Moses; I delight in the example that unfolds for me as I read of him. I yearn for strengthening in my own faith.
I pray that faith might rule supreme in my life. O that I might enter into a tent of meeting with You. Fully enter in – strong in faith and blessed to be a power of blessing to many, yes indeed, to countless numbers.
Lord, I don’t want to live for this world and for its rewards. My desire is to live for You and to see Your will and purposes achieved in my life, fulfilled in all that I do.
                                                Receive this prayer, Lord,
                                                            and bring my desire to pass, 
in Jesus’ name I ask.               Amen.
                                                            






No comments:

Post a Comment