Monday 9 July 2018

Discipline

All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.        Heb. 12.11


There is a purpose to discipline. Discipline is a very necessary part of a father’s training. Submission to discipline forms and proves the truly childlike spirit. And discipline makes us partakers of God’s holiness.

Indeed discipline seems far more sorrowful than joyful at the time. Yet if I can yield to it and allow it to work in me, it will train me and develop me. It may bring me into the fullness of relationship with God. It might release the fruit of righteousness into my life. In great peacefulness I may know my Lord and God. I may find my true being in Him and know Him in all that I do.




Lord God,
I do not seek out discipline, but I submit to whatever discipline You would work in me.
I realise that discipline is a necessary part of my father’s training. I want You as my father. I look to You as heavenly Dad and I am willing to receive the discipline You deem right for me.
As I submit to Your discipline, I pray that a truly childlike spirit will develop and manifest in me.
I get excited by the thought that Your discipline will enable me to partake of Your holiness.
Lord, Mighty God, I give You my heart, my very being. Receive me. Discipline me as You will. Lead me, oh yes, I pray lead me into Your holiness.
I love You. I want to live close to You.            Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment