Friday 20 July 2018

I haven't posted anything recently concerning the health situation. Basically this is because there is no progress to report. I am now receiving chemotherapy treatment, which is certainly not pleasant! This will continue for a couple of months yet. I will get MRI examinations from time to time. Meanwhile I take the treatment, and "grin and bear it" When there is something to report, I will do so.

Until then, I will continue posting extracts from my prayer journal.


In the Lord


… put your trust in the Lord your God and you will be established.
                                                                             2 Chron. 20.20


Two words in this sentence that I want to look at are ‘trust’ and ‘established’. Trust (KJV) ‘believe’ Strong’s 539 (aw-man) says many things, from a primary root to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse – figuratively to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; morally to be true or certain.

Vine’s says: “to be certain, enduring; to trust, believe.” (NB Amen is derived from this verb.) I’d like to take this word for myself as “build yourself up in the Lord, be firm, permanent and quiet in Him. Be certain of Him. Endure in Him.

Established (Strong’s 539) is the same Hebrew word. This time I take the meaning as “You will be built up and supported. He will foster you as an able and loving parent.”

So, I put this together to read:

“Build yourself up in the Lord your God. Be firm, permanent and quiet in Him. Be certain of Him and endure in Him and you will be built up and supported. He will foster you as an able and loving parent.”



Lord God, I praise You for this word. I thank You for the encouragement and promise this word holds. I seek You. I look to build myself up in You. I will be certain of You. I will remain firm, permanent and quiet in You. I will endure in You. As I move, so I know You will move. I believe You will build me up and support me. I cherish the thought that You will foster me as my able and loving parent.
Father God, I come to You. I put my trust in You. I look for my establishment in You. Thank You. Praise You. Hallelujah!                   Amen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment