Tuesday 17 July 2018

A good work

Thus all the work of Solomon was carried out from the day of the foundation of the house of the Lord, and until it was finished. So the house of the Lord was  completed.                2 Chron. 8.16


Solomon was anointed by God for the great task of building the temple. David, his father, had the passion to build a house for the Lord, but God appointed Solomon for the task.

Solomon started on a firm foundation. He was anointed and appointed by God. Early in his kingship God offered to Solomon his greatest wish. Solomon chose wisdom: an understanding heart to judge Your people to discern between good and evil. (I Kings 3.9) This pleased God and He gave Solomon his wish.

The temple construction began and was undertaken in an orderly and blessed way. Rich furnishings were provided. The temple was completed. The house of the Lord was established. A good work was achieved. 

In reading this verse, I am reminded of God’s word through Paul, which I receive as a promise: 
         For I am confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.        (Phil. 1.6)

God has begun a good work in me. I know it, I feel it. I also believe He will perfect it, in me, and I rejoice greatly in this.



Lord God,
Today I receive this word afresh. As I read of the completion of the temple of Solomon so I am encouraged that You will bring to perfection the temple that You are creating within me.
I rejoice at Your handiwork. I give myself over to You. Have Your way in me. Bring me to perfection, in Jesus’ name I ask.                     Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment