Monday 16 July 2018

The same

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.   Heb. 13.8


I have underlined the present tense above because it is italicised in the midst of ordinary print in my Bible (NASB). Jesus is. The Jesus of all time is– right now – and He is with me; He is in me; He is for me. 

The fullest revelation of His glory, the deepest expression of His love, and the closest intimacy of relationship with Him is mine, right now, for He is. He is now. All that He has ever been, He is now, and He will always be. The world changes; I change; but my Lord Jesus will never change. He is dependable; He is truth; He is my rock, my fortress, my deliverer. He is unchanging, and He is eternal.

O praise God. Praise God for my wonderful Saviour and friend.




Lord God,
I come to You again in thanksgiving. I thank You for the wonder of the Lord Jesus in my life.
He is glorious and mighty; He is loving; He is releasing and empowering. He is for me and not against me. He is with me. Right now, He is with me in the fullness of all that He is. Nothing is changed, nothing is held back. All that Jesus is, He is for me – this very moment and for all eternity. I thank You from the fullness of my being.
I love You. As with a dearly loved one, I want more of You. I want to spend my days with You. I want You to be reflected, to be clearly seen in all that I do. 
This is my heart. Know my heart, O all-knowing Father. You are my heavenly Dad and most holy Abba. Please draw me into Your holiness. Take me, and make me Yours. Let Your holiness surge through me, and let it draw others to You. My direction is You. My purpose is to do Your will. O God, great Father, mighty One, hear me. Take my prayer, take me, and make me Yours,
                                    In Jesus’ name I ask.               Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment