Thursday 5 April 2018

A Very Personal Journey

And God said, "I will be with you."        Exodus 3.12


It is a few days since I last posted to this blog, and there is a valid reason for this.

I have started upon a new journey. It is a very personal journey and I dare to think it will be a special journey. It is not something I would have chosen but, nevertheless, it is here. May I give myself to it as fully as I am able. And let me do so knowing that I have the greatest companion journeying with me.

In recent times I have, literally, been "seeing things" - splashes of colour appearing in the peripheral vision quadrant of both eyes. At times the occurrences are brief - maybe just seconds, then sometimes lasting for a few minutes. And there have been days between these happenings.

However, on Saturday morning events came to a head when the colour splashes started - and didn't stop! After several hours of basic non-stop activity, I took myself to the local hospital. A preliminary scan revealed that something was wrong. Initial speculation was that I was having a stroke. 

The day was Easter Eve. I was keen to get home as I had two services to conduct the following day. At about six in the evening, the verdict came: I would not be going home, but would be transferred to the Stroke Unit at another hospital. Some urgent activity ensued from my hospital bed. With the assistance of my beautiful daughter  at home, the essentials of my Easter messages were emailed to a contact at the church. I understand all went well at at the Resurrection celebrations with my messages being delivered by proxy. Praise our great God!

At about 8 pm on Saturday I arrived at the Stroke Unit. This is the Easter long weekend and there is minimum activity here. I received preliminary doctors' visits and tests in the next two days, but it was on Tuesday that "normal service was resumed". A more detailed scan was undertaken, the results of which were given to me late on Tuesday afternoon. I have not had a stroke, but there is a tumor on the brain. What an Easter gift to receive!!

The action now is for transfer to yet another hospital for neurological assessment. I am expecting examination to lead to identification of the type of tumor and recommended treatment. I am now in the second full day of awaiting transfer.

So, how do I feel?
I could be feeling down, miserable and apprehensive at the very least. I don't feel any of this. At this moment, I feel a real sense of excitement. For whatever reason, God has chosen me for this new adventure. I have no idea what lies ahead. I pray I can maintain this present enthusiasm. I hold to the sure knowledge that He is with me, and this is what matters more than anything else.

God bless.



Almighty God, Loving Dad,
Again, it is a case of Your will not mine be done. I have full faith and trust in You for the ongoing journey. Lead me where You will, and let me be ever mindful that You are with me. Hallelujah! Thank You.
 Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Peter, always in my prayers. I pray to God our Father that He will heal you as only He can. I know the members of my church will also be praying for you as they do for everyone that is sick, and in need of prayer. Do what the doctors say, and we here will be with you in prayer and spirit. Much love in Jesus. Liz

    ReplyDelete