Saturday 28 April 2018

Uncertainty

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”         John 14.1



If I am uncertain in any way, I could well find myself troubled in heart. I may become pre-occupied with seemingly pressing immediate physical problems. Where, then, is my trust? 

Again I am caught up in Oswald Chamber’s sharing (My Utmost for His Highest, 1927, p. 126). He talks of our uncertainty and he does so in a most positive way. He says: The nature of spiritual life is that we are certain in our uncertainty; …gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life. To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth… but we are rightly related to God, life is full of spontaneous, joyful uncertainty and expectancy.

I identify so strongly with what he is saying here. I do not need to be certain in myself, for my hope, my faith and my trust is totally in Him. I give my uncertain self to His most assured certainty.

And I note the expression “gracious uncertainty”. How wonderful is this! God’s grace abounds in my uncertainty. As I understand it, God’s grace, His love and every goodness that comes forth to me from Him emanates from His very Being. God ilove; God is grace; God is mercy; God is power; God is enabling. Indeed, God is all I need – and I know that He is well and truly with me right now. Hallelujah!



Lord, Mighty God,
I am in no way certain of what lies ahead. But I am positively assured that all is in Your control.
I thrill to the glorious uncertainty that envelops me at this moment, for this tells me that You can do anything.
I trust You with all of my being. I surrender the whole of me into Your keeping, Your certainty, and Your ongoing plan for me.
I thank You for the very good sleep that I enjoyed last night, and I give myself into the adventure of the day that lies ahead, knowing that I journey in sweetest partnership with You. Hallelujah! Thank You.                Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're doing better, you'll be home in no time. She keeps me filled in and I keep her calm lol
    Get better fast or as body will allow. P.S. don't eat the pudding

    ReplyDelete