Sunday 29 April 2018

Perseverance

Not only so, but we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.                    Rom. 5.3-5


Am I rejoicing in this present suffering? I’m not sure of that!!!

I certainly feel excited – and also highly expectant of great things to come. I so enjoy working with and for God. If you are reading this, and don’t quite comprehend what I’m saying, please hang in there. You see, the only story I feel qualified to share is my own. And God is all over my story. There are times when I am on my way to share and minister, perhaps with members of God’s family who are new to me. En route, God might say, “You know, Peter, I don’t need you in order to do this. I can well achieve my purpose without you.” This is when I get excited, often jumping up and down in my seat whilst responsibly endeavouring to control my driving. I respond, “Yes, Lord, I know, but You chose me.”

I consider myself chosen by God and, please understand, I say this in all humility. I would also speak forth and say, “If you think God has chosen you for a purpose, just say “Yes”. Don’t fret over what you may or may not have by way of qualification or equipping. He has all you need. All He requires of you is willingness and obedience.”

I am both humbled and thrilled to live with God, to live in God. I choose to believe that He has work for me yet to do. I choose also perseverance. (Please note: I didn’t choose suffering. That seemed to come of its own accord.) To the extent that I am able, I will persevere. And this, of course, will be with the input and blessing of God’s Holy Spirit. God is with me in this. I know it, I just know it. How blessed!



My Dear Father,
It is so good to be family with You. I thank You also for the wonderful family You have blessed me with in this earthly realm. I am overwhelmed with love and support. I receive, for I know this is Your way.
I commit to Your way in all things. For me, there is no choice. I have enjoyed the most amazing journey with You, and I am confident of the ongoing journey. I know we will travel together. 
I thank You. I love You.                   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment