Thursday 26 April 2018

Faith and action

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?                                                                                                                             Jas. 2.14

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. 
                                                                                                                                Jas. 2.18b

You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.           Jas. 2.24

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.                 Jas. 2.26


I truly believe God is speaking to me about faith. Throughout this recent journey, I have experienced the utmost faith that healing is assured in me, and I have held the deepest conviction that God will cause wonderful onward movement in me, and also in the ministry that He has for me.

In recent times I have developed precious connections with two quite separate and distinct congregations. The people are most beautiful God lovers. Both congregations are seeking a part time pastor. How about that! I sense a growing commitment to both groups. And I believe God is prompting me, right now, to put actions to my faith, and make some declarations.

James’ words are powerful. Faith is one of the greatest gifts I can receive from God. But faith does not sit in isolation. Faith spurs action. Action is the result of faith and the outworking of faith.

I sense God is saying something like: “I see you have faith, and I note the hopes that you are carrying in your heart. It just might be time to express these hopes and to release them to me. So, let me in! Share your dreams and passions, and see what might fall out. You know I love you - and I most certainly have plans for you!”

Hallelujah!




Dear Father,
I do so want to continue in greater ministry for You, with You and in You. But it must be as You determine. I open my heart to You and release my desires. I give myself wholeheartedly into Your keeping. I am Yours. I ask You to take me, make me, and do whatever You will. Let me keep loving You, and serving You to the best of my ability and to the fullness of Your enabling. Lead me through this day, to your praise and glory. Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip 
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment