Friday 3 June 2016

Treasures and riches

“I will give you the treasures of darkness and riches hidden in secret places, so that you may know that it is I, the LORD, the God of Israel, who call you by your name.”                                                                                                           Isa. 45.3


These words are spoken in respect of Cyrus, a Gentile who has been specifically commissioned by God, whom God refers to as “his anointed”, and whom God has taken hold of, albeit unknown to Cyrus, to bring about the release of the Israelites from bondage.

I can’t help but wonder, if God speaks in such generous terms regarding a non-believer, what is He likely to have to say to those who commit to Him in a life of love and honour? I say I wonder, but I don’t really. For I know the amazing love, fidelity, grace and mercy of God, and the riches and blessings that He has to lavish on those He sees as His beloved children.

I am sold out to this great God and my wonderful Saviour. Yet I am sensible enough to realise that life will not necessarily be a bed of roses. But if events lead to circumstances that are none too pleasant, I would rather know that I can walk with God through any unpleasantness, and lean on and rely on Him, rather than look to do it in my own strength or with the unreliable support that the world might offer.





Loving God,

I know that Your way for me is a way of love. I relish sharing with You treasures and riches hidden in secret places. I pray that You might reveal to me something of the mysteries of heaven.

I thank You for Your faithfulness. I know that, whatever circumstances eventuate, and in the face of any and every challenge, I can rely on You to stand with me and walk beside me. And Your way is to lead me through – to overcoming and victory.

Thank You, loving faithful God. I rejoice in being Your child, and a brother to my Lord Jesus.                                                                                                                       Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment