Sunday 19 June 2016

Comfort, compassion – and love

Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth;
break forth, O mountains, into singing!
For the LORD has comforted his people,
and will have compassion on his suffering ones.                                       Isa. 49.13


There are times to simply sing out in praise of God, in exultation of Him, and in worship and adoration. If I need a reason for this, I can look at what He has done in my life and the journey on which He has brought me. I can take hold of the promise of what He will do: He will have compassion on His suffering ones and, in His compassion, He will bring reassurance and hope.

I can adopt these reasons for my joyful singing to the Lord, or I can break out in exultation from the deep love I feel for Him. Love requires no reason for expression other than its own reality. God loves me and He enables me to return love to Him. This is reason enough to rejoice.

There may be an imbalance in the measure and quality of my love for God and His love for me, but this does not dilute our relationship. I give to Him to the degree that I can. And I’m quite sure that this delights Him.

I have many reasons to be thankful to God, but today I want to rejoice, exult and sing for joy purely out of the love I share with Him.





Great God and Loving Father,

I am filled with rejoicing in my sweet relationship with You. My heart sings out in praise of the wonderful Being that You are and the amazing love that You have for me. I swell up with joy in Your holy presence. My whole being bows before You in adoration and worship. I settle into the gentle silence of awe, and unspoken homage to You. May the peace within me reach You in more powerful acclamation than any words or song. My very self is devoted to You in the wonder of love. Receive my adoration; receive me, in Jesus’ name I ask.                             Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment