Thursday 16 June 2016

Attention

My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they stand at attention.                                Isa. 48.13


In simple statement these words proclaim the power, the majesty, and the glory of Almighty God. It’s as if He’s saying, “It’s all mine. I control everything.”

Again, I’m challenged to hear what God is saying and to take hold of His truth. I need to live in the reality of who He is.

When troubles come and when I am afflicted or confronted by a problem – which could be anything from something minor to a looming major catastrophe – do I take hold of the greatness of my God?

These are not mere words that came forth many years ago to appease some disturbance in the life of the day. No! These words are the eternal truth of the mighty God, and the Creator of all that is. God is saying something here that I am well advised to heed. He is reminding me of His absolute and awesome power. He is telling me that He is there for me. He is inviting me to trust Him. He is saying: “Whatever besets or assails you, know that I am with you, and I am greater than the problem or the trouble. Turn to me and lean on me. Let me guide you through any and all difficulty. Accept me as your Saviour and Lord, your Friend and Travelling Companion.”





Mighty God,

I thank You for this reminder of Your great power. I readily see You as my loving heavenly Father, but I sometimes overlook the amazing power and authority that my Heavenly Dad exerts.

I embrace You in love, and in Your mighty power. I pray that I may always remember this. And in any and all testing and difficulty, let me know that You are with me. You are for me, and You are all powerful – supreme!

Hallelujah! Mighty God, my Lord.           Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment