Wednesday 22 June 2016

No Fear

I, I am he who comforts you;
why then are you afraid of a mere mortal who must die,
a human being who fades like grass?
You have forgotten the LORD, your Maker,
who stretched out the heavens
and laid the foundations of the earth.                                                 Isa. 51.12,13a


This is so amazing! I feel my spirit bubbling up within me at the joy that these words bring. Why, oh why, could I fear any mere mortal when the Almighty who made the heavens and the earth, declares Himself to be my comfort?

He is omnipotent, omnipresent and all-loving. I thrill, yet again, as I receive just a glint of realisation of this truth. This is the reality that I live in. God Almighty, the Absolute Everything, is my personal guardian, guide, comforter, friend, father, lover, confidant, enabler and strength. I keep reminding myself of this – and God sends me constant reminders. Yet I know I don’t realise the enormity and totality of what this means.

But I take what I understand and apply it to my living. I will fear no human or any difficulty of this world, for my living is in another place. I am His boy, and my life, yes even here on this earth, is with Him. Hallelujah, glory and thanks to my heavenly Dad!





Lord God and Loving Father,

Again I am assailed and swamped by the wonder of You. You are mighty, magnificent and totally for me. O, I am so grateful.

I desire to live in the fullness of liberty in Your mighty power and fearsome ways. Strengthen me, I beg of You, to resist sin and the evil one. I want to go Your way, and to please You with all of my life. I sense a growing awareness (though maybe not full understanding) of what it means to live in You. Show me more, please! Lead me on in company with You, Gracious Lord, Mighty King, Heavenly Dad.                   Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment