Friday 10 June 2016

God's order

For thus says the LORD,
who created the heavens (he is God!),
who formed the earth and made it
(he established it; he did not create it a chaos, he formed it to be inhabited).                                                                                                                                        Isa. 45.18 NRSV


God’s creation is one of order. People who devote time to study the detail of creation (botanists, zoologists, astronomers etc.) discover the most amazing forms and detail. Even the novice observer can rejoice in the wonders of God’s world.

This knowledge leads me to ponder the situation when my circumstances sometimes seem out of order. In such cases, I’m thinking that I might seek out God’s order in my life for, surely, His wonderful hand is there, and will work for my good if I take time to seek Him out. I can become so consumed with the difficulties and negativity, even unfairness of any set of circumstances that I fail to search out God’s presence and His way forward.

When I am beset and tempted to despair let me rather look to Him. Let me embrace Him and allow Him full entry to my situation. Let me surrender myself fully to Him.





Father God,

I see You as the most amazing Creator of a divine order, both in the heavens and on the earth. You are also a most loving and caring Father who is there for me in any and every situation. I pray that I might remember this reality when I may find myself in adverse situations.

I know that I will find You if I seek You with all of my heart. I want to be aware of this at all times. What happens around me and what eventuates from personal experiences can be very different in effect if my focus is on You.

I want Your order in my life, and I know I can find this order, even in the direst circumstances, when I centre myself on You.

Holy Father, I thank You and praise You.                                                      Amen.




My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment