Tuesday 2 February 2016

Son of God

There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.                                                              Matt. 17.2


The three disciples, Peter, James and John, saw Jesus in His glory. This was not Jesus Christ the human teacher and rabbi. This was truly the Son of God in His glorified state.

As He is presented in this state, the voice out of the cloud speaks forth, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him! (v 5)

Jesus is many things and it is possible, at different times, to see and receive Him in perhaps one of His many roles. But He is  - predominantly and permanently – the glorified Son of God. This simple fact permeates the whole of our relationship with Him. We have been invited, and are drawn into, intimacy with the Son of God Himself. I may receive Jesus variously as Redeemer, Friend, Advocate, Companion, Protector, even Lover. But I need to remember that in any, and every, presentation I am connecting with God Himself. I feel small, and also free, at large, and limitless. I know the truth of Jesus’ statement, “If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” (John 8.36)

I am free to embrace Jesus in so many ways. And He Himself is the author of my freedom. Hallelujah!

May I cherish this freedom and be ever open to His ongoing guidance.





Lord Jesus,

I thank You. Oh how I thank You for setting me free and drawing me into this wonderful relationship with Almighty God.

I am Yours, Lord and, like Jesus, I look to the Father in all that I do. I wish to do only those things I see the Father do. I desire to live my life after the pattern set by my Lord Jesus, which was to fulfil the Father’s will in all things.

I release myself to You and ask for Your guidance as I move forward. Place me, grow me, and use me as You will, that I may please and delight You in all things. I ask this in Jesus’ name.             Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment