Tuesday 23 February 2016

Alert

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard.”                                                                    Matt. 20.1


I note that the landowner went out early in the morning. He also went out about the third hour, about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, and about the eleventh hour. In other words, from very early in the morning until the final moments of the day, the landowner was alert to the availability of workers and, furthermore, was ready to take them.

Jesus tells us right at the start that this is how the kingdom of heaven is. The owner, that is God Himself, is on a constant alert to bring people into the Kingdom. From early in the morning until late in the day talks to me of “all time”! Our heavenly Father is ever ready to receive us. I am thrilled by this! We do not have to seek Him out for He is on the constant lookout for us.

I am also mindful of the many different ways in which God takes us into His Kingdom. We are so different as individuals, and His ways and timings are also different.

But the reality is that this loving God is always there for us – at any hour of the day or night. And His reward is exactly the same for us all: full pardon, restoration and eternal life. Hallelujah!





Loving Father,

Your faithfulness is constant. I thank You for this. I thank You for the time when You brought me back to Yourself.

I rejoice in You, but my prayer is not wrapped up in me. I pray for those who have yet to enter into kingdom life. I lift them to You and intercede on their behalf. I pray for the early risers and the night owls. May You reach them, Lord. I ask You to prepare them for entry into this wonderful new life. And may they be willing to release themselves from the old and embrace the new.

Draw them to You, Lord. In Jesus’ name I ask.                  Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment