Sunday 14 February 2016

Wandered!

“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?”                                                                                           Matt. 18.12


Here is good news! God cares for the one who stumbles and falls, the one who wanders away. We may be part of the flock, but then find that we lose our way. We become separated from our brothers and sisters in Christ and realise perhaps that we have done what we ought not to have done.

But the Good Shepherd is ever alert and watchful for us. He will make it His focus to search us out, and bring us back to Him. So important are we to Him that He will leave the rest of the flock in order to seek us out and restore us.

A similar story is told through Luke’s parables of the lost coin and the lost son. The father of the prodigal was on the constant lookout for the return of his delinquent son. And we have such a Father in God.

I thrill to this knowledge. It does not give me leave to “wander off” and do my own thing but, rather I see it give me a sure knowledge that those who do miss the way and stray from the path, can be assured that it is possible to return.

Indeed, it is more than possible, for the Father/Shepherd is on the constant lookout for such lost sheep.





Great God and Holy Father,

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for the love You have for each and every one of us. You created us to live in sweet, harmonious and worshipful relationship with You, and nothing will stop You from seeking us out and bringing us to that place of harmony, rest and peace in You. I thank You for recovering me, for drawing me back to You. I pray that You will take me deeper.

And I ask You to please use me in the recovery of others who have wandered from You. Give me, please, a father’s heart for all people. May I be moved with care and concern for them. May You choose to reach them through me. I ask these things in Jesus’ name.             Amen.






My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").





No comments:

Post a Comment