Wednesday 17 February 2016

With me


“For when two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”              
                                                                                                                Matt. 18.20


I find these words so exciting! I have only to join with a single Christian brother or sister and know that Jesus is with us.

I do believe, of course, that Jesus is with me all the time, for I hold to His word that says so (Matt. 28.20; Heb. 13.5).

Whether I am alone or with Christian company it is exciting to be with Jesus.

Jesus is many things! I may first think of Him as Saviour Redeemer, for this is fundamental to my relationship with Him. Following this, He is my Mentor and Teacher, leading me, by His Spirit, through the process of sanctification in which I become more Christ-like.

Yet there is more! He is my Lord, to whom I surrender myself. He is Companion and Friend. He has said He will never leave me, and one consequence of this is that I am never alone. I thank God that I know the truth of this. Jesus is my Helpmate and Co-worker. I delight in the Lord’s work as I undertake it in company with Jesus. And, even though it might sound strange in the physical human environment, Jesus is my Lover. In reality there is nothing weird or “kinky” about this. Jesus, indeed God the Holy Trinity – Father, Son and Spirit – love me to a degree I can’t truly imagine. I receive what measure I can recognise, but I open myself to all that He desires to give, and I respond in willingness and thanksgiving.





Dear Jesus,

I rejoice that You are with me. I thank You for all that You are to me and I open myself up to receive, and invite You to give, all that You would grace me with. I don’t need to understand the magnitude of the love You have for me, But I do ask You to bring revelation in God’s holy and fitting time.

Lead me now, please, into the day ahead and may I know the fullness of You in me. I ask this in Your precious name.                   Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment