Monday 29 February 2016

He asks

Jesus stopped and called them. “What do you want me to do for you?” he asked.   
                                                                                                                      Matt. 20.32


Jesus was on His way out of Jericho. A large crowd was following Him yet, despite the likely noise that the crowd may have made, He heard the cry of the two blind men. But He did more! On hearing their cry, He stopped and addressed Himself to them. He asked them what they would have Him do for them.

What an amazing situation! The God of all creation asks what He might do for an individual.

The blind men had no hesitation in asking for their sight. And Jesus responded. He had compassion on them. He touched their eyes and immediately they received their sight. Imagine their jubilation.

Now, dare I put myself in a similar position? Jesus is going about His normal business when I cry out to Him, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me.” As I cry out, He stops. Yes, I see Him stop what He’s doing, right now, and He turns to me. “What do you want me to do for you?” He asks. This is so real. I can hear Him now, asking me with genuine appeal. My response must be fully sincere.





Lord Jesus Christ, Son of David, Son of God,

I cry out to You in my need. I want to know You more. I wish to enter into deeper, and ever deepening, relationship with You. I pray that I may know You, truly know You.

I seek Your ways for me and I look for You to be ever present in the ways I take. May I be guided and directed by You. May I know the joy of ongoing partnership with You.

I see You now. You beckon to me, and I respond. Gracious Lord, I give You me. I can give nothing more. Take me, please, and make me Yours. The journey is ever ongoing. I ask that You would be my constant companion. I love and worship You.        Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment