Monday 8 February 2016

Sustained

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens.
                                                                                                                Psalm 68.19

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.                                                                                                                 Psalm 55.22

Even to your old age and grey hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
                                                                                                                Isa. 46.4


There is a harmony between these verses, which is not unusual in God’s Word where we find much consistency. As with other things that He says, what He reveals here we need to receive, to take deeply into our beings, to remember and hold to at all times.

God repeatedly says He will sustain me. There are various meanings attaching to “sustain”. I particularly note: to provide for; to keep from falling or sinking, to prop; to affirm the validity of.

Let me start with the last of these. I am a child of God. God affirms this. I am a much valued child of God. He provides for me; He keeps me from falling. He is more than a prop, much more. God will daily bear my burdens. He encourages me to cast my cares onto Him. How can I refuse to do this?

God is all I need. He is always there for me, and ever ready to take my cares and release me from burdens. I have long since seen Jesus as my constant travelling companion. I look to my Lord. He has made me; He says He will rescue me, carry me, and sustain me. How very blessed I am!


Lord God,

I come to you. I embrace the fullness of Your Word to me today. I cast my cares on You, and I leave them with You.

As I quietly share my cares and concerns, I ask You to take them. I need to allow You to have Your way – in who I am and in what I do, indeed in everything that makes up my life.

Lord, show my Your way. Lead me clearly and firmly in that way. I look to You. I expect Your direction, Your affirmation, Your enabling and Your protection.

I rejoice in the wonder of walking with You. Let us journey together through today. I pray for mutual enjoyment, for good and Godly achievements, for a growing and deepening intimacy, and for a constant realisation of the reality of living with You, and in You.                      I thank You, Lord.                Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment