Thursday 11 February 2016

Always there

For you have been my hope,
O Sovereign Lord,
my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.                               Psalm 71.5, 6


God was at the very start of my life. He brought me forth at birth. I’m quite sure He was with me even before then:
         For you created my inmost being;
         you knit me together in my mother’s womb. (Psalm 139.13)

God worked in the very heart of my being. He ensured my birth, and He has been with me ever since. For much of my earlier life I was unaware of God’s presence with me. Indeed, even in present times I can “forget” that He’s there. But this does not change the reality. He is there. He is here, right now. As I sit quietly and pen these words, I know He’s with me. He’s looking on. He’s leading, as I allow Him. He’s protecting – and I’m so grateful for this.

This is the reality, and I sense that a large part of my mission in Him is to convey this reality to others. God, the Almighty, my loving heavenly Father, wants me to live in Him and with Him. For this He created me.

Life is a journey, and it is not always the most comfortable or enjoyable journey. My Lord Jesus came to this earth and made a human journey through life. There were times when His journey was extremely uncomfortable. And the end of His life was excruciatingly painful in the extreme.

My Lord Jesus knows about hardship and suffering. He experienced, He endured, and He overcame. Today He walks with me. I see Him alongside of me every step of the way. And He can help me to overcome when the going gets tough. He knows the way through when, often, I do not. I trust Him. I know I can rely on Him, and I do so.

Yes, God is my hope. Each day I hope in Him to get me through. I look to Jesus to journey with me through the day. I seek the leading and the guidance of God in what I do. I pray for His protection over me at all times. I rejoice that I am a much-loved child of God. I am ever grateful that He is there for me.


Almighty God, Most Precious Father,

I thank You that You are there and have always been there. Please forgive me those times when I seem to forget You. I confess and repent of those times when I disappoint You. I seek Your forgiveness and Your restoration of me into Your will and Your way.


Please lead me through the day ahead. Let me live, gloriously, to Your praise and honour.             Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment