Thursday 2 July 2015

Washed by Jesus

Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”               John 13.8b


What does it mean to be washed by Jesus? One word that comes quickly to my mind in answer is: clean!

Jesus cleanses me and He purifies me. Jesus is the sinless One and, as He washes me, streams of living water flow all over me. I am released of sin and set free of what might inhibit me and prevent me from having part with Jesus.

From his washing, I can go forward in Him, with Him and for Him. To have part with Jesus tells me I am enabled to share with Him the wonderful love of the Father and I can join with Him in the Kingdom work of spreading that love and leading others, more and more, into the Body of Christ and the family of God.

To have part with Jesus in this, I picture Him alongside me, ever there to strengthen, encourage and love me in a common task I have with Him towards the glorious goal of the Kingdom of Heaven.

I may need Jesus to wash me from time to time. I pray this is allowable. I gladly ask for it.





Lord Jesus,

I thank You for the privilege and opportunity to be washed by You. I offer myself. I lay my sins before You and ask You to cleanse me. I ask You to wash out all that I need to be released of, and I ask You to wash in equipping, empowerment and enabling.

I pray that You might give me those gifts from the Father and of the Spirit that will allow me, and lead me, to work in partnership with You to give out the gospel message of love and salvation.


I pray for a washing in love. Show me, please, the things I may do in truly following You. Let me see people as You see them. Let me see their needs – not as they see them but as You see them, and lead me to minister to these needs. I ask this in Your precious name.                                                                                                                                                          Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment