Monday 29 June 2015

What the Father told

“I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”                                                                        John 12.50


Jesus speaks only what the Father would have Him say. And He knows that everything He speaks forth leads to eternal life. There is a mighty reassurance in this knowledge.

Jesus calls me to follow Him. Am I willing to speak forth only what the Father would have me say? I hope so! There may well be times when my own thoughts and words get mixed in with God’s words to me and for me. Perhaps I can cover these words by giving them up, in complete surrender, to God. As I ask Him to be Lord of every word that comes forth from my lips, I may expect to speak forth in His confidence.

I cannot not speak. May God ensure that what I do share and impart is what He wishes of me. And may all that I share lead to eternal life. Praise God! The work is His, but I would delight to be a mouthpiece for Him.

Hallelujah!





Father God,

I know You to be my Father, and I am eternally grateful. I acknowledge the perfect example I have in Jesus of obedience to the Father. I seek to be obedient as He was. I will try, but I ask for Your help.

May each word that comes out of my mouth be honouring to You and fully acceptable by You. Help me in this, precious Father. May I be a true son of Yours and speak forth from the Father’s genes in me? Help me, I cry out for Your leading and guidance. I seek to speak Kingdom words. I wish all of my speech to lead to eternal life. I rejoice in this most wonderful of gifts and I want to be able to lead others into true acceptance of it. I ask You to lead me, that whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.

I ask these things in Jesus’ name.            Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment