Tuesday 2 June 2015

Father...and son

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own, but he sent me.”                 John 8.42


I wonder if I can turn this truth around and suggest that love for Jesus is confirmation that God is my Father. Either way bears truth for me. I know God as Father, and I love Jesus. It’s quite simple, and so very re-assuring.

Even though I did not know my biological father, I have not ever viewed God as Father with any negative aspects. This has been so good. I am able to receive Him with the greatest feelings of joy and thanksgiving. I can accept Him as the perfect Father, and enjoy Him to the utmost.

I love Jesus, and I love to read about Him in the different gospel accounts. He is so much to me. Beyond the obvious of being my Saviour and Lord, Jesus is my friend and constant companion. He is my strength, the rock on which I stand. And His great love for me quite overwhelms me. I suspect that my love for Him is only a fraction of His love for me.

The third member of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit, features prominently in my life. I embrace the Spirit and His power, and I constantly yearn for more. I seek a total infilling of the Spirit and I look, through His enabling, to share the wonderful love that God has blessed me with.




Holy God,

I love You all. Father, Son and Spirit I surrender to You, and submit myself to Your will and purpose for me.

Your love for me is too great for me to contain. Allow me and lead me to share it. I thank You for the opportunities You give me. I pray that more opportunities will unfold.

I rejoice in times such as this when I can enjoy quiet moments with You. I thank You, but I also know that You are with me at all times. I praise You and bless Your name. Hallelujah!                   Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment