Thursday 11 June 2015

Divided!

Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.”
But others asked, “How can a sinner do such miraculous signs?” So they were divided.    
                                        John 9.16                                                                                                         


God’s people today bear some resemblance to the religious men of Jesus’ day – they are divided!

Some believe that miracles are a thing of the past, and not for today. Furthermore, how can mere humans, sinners, presume to do the things that Jesus did?

I have two answers to these points that I hold onto. I believe the first was revealed to me by God Himself. He reminded me clearly that nothing is impossible to Him (Matt. 19.26) Furthermore, I can do all things in Him (Phil. 4.13). As far as I’m concerned, the age of miracles is not past. I believe for, and expect to see, great signs, wonders and miracles as I continue ministry in partnership with God.  As for men and women today being used by God to reveal His wonders, Jesus Himself said: “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things that these, because I am going to the Father.” (John 14.12) Jesus is no longer on this earth to personally bring God’s miracles to pass. But He has given us the Holy Spirit and I seek His constant and continuing infilling. Therefore I am able to be used by God – for whatever wonderful works He would have me do.

With regard to the doubt and division that clearly exists in God’s church today, I pray for great discernment, that I may clearly see God’s way for me in, and through, every situation. I am blessed to be exposed to many aspects of the Body of Christ. I need God’s wisdom and His Holy Spirit presence and power to be with me in my ministrations to the body. I seek Him as my constant companion. I don’t want to go anywhere, nor do anything, without Him. Come, Lord, fill me, lead me, and have Your way in me.




Holy Lord,

I love You. I ask You to fill me to overflowing, and to keep me overflowing with Your love.

I seek Your Holy Spirit presence and power to be with me at all times. May I truly know who I am in You. May I live this out in every moment of my life. I have faith in Jesus, yet I ask for more. Lord, Mighty God, please increase my faith. I expect to see signs, wonders and miracles as I minister with You. Show me what I must do in partnership with You.
I ask also for great discernment. There is so much I need to understand and see through – in both the world and the church. Help me, please. Give me Godly wisdom, insight and discernment that I may know what to do in any and every situation. I am far from Christ-like in my total being, yet this is my desire – to be like Jesus, to truly follow Him, and to work the good works that He shows me. I will never be Him, nor do I strive for this. But I do want to be as much like Him as I am able to be. I seek to do this in partnership with You – with Father, Son and Spirit. Please show me if I am being presumptuous in this. These things are in my heart and I will not let them go, for they are about You. They are about me living in the sweetest, most obedient relationship with You and, out of that relationship, leading others to live in fullness with You.

I seek Your will and Your way in all things. I give myself willingly to You. Please take me and have Your way with me. Mould me into whatever shape You desire me to be. Use me if You will, but let me live in sweetest communion with You, and let me journey through every day with You as my travelling companion.

I love You and want to live for You. I simply want more of You. Help me, Lord, please.
                                                                                                                Amen.         






My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment