Wednesday 17 June 2015

Great faith

“Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.”                   John 11.21, 22


Martha demonstrates a conviction that Lazarus would not have died if Jesus had been with him during his sickness. She had faith that Jesus could have healed Lazarus. Then she proceeds to show greater faith: But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.” It’s as if she’s saying, “But it’s not too late. I know you can still heal him.”

We already know (v17) that Lazarus has been dead for four days. If Martha’s remarks can truly be interpreted in the way I’ve chosen then, indeed, she had great faith.

This is what I want. God’s Word says, “Ask and it will be given to you.” (Matt. 7.7) I shall ask, and continue to ask, until it is given to me. I want to believe, and I want to see. I know the power of the supernatural. I want to see it greatly in evidence in my life and ministry.





Lord God,

I thank You for this present insight into Martha’s response. Whether it is correct or not, I see her demonstrating great faith, for healing and for restoration of life after death.

I want the strongest faith. I ask You for it. I want to believe, readily, easily and positively for miracles, signs and wonders. I want to see them as an integral part of my ministry in You.

I seek You with all my heart. I ask for miracles as an expression of my relationship with You. I ask for faith. I lay myself before You in earnest cry for more of You. Without You I am nothing. Hear my plea. Answer my prayer I beseech You, in Jesus’ name.           Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment