Saturday 30 May 2015

Oneness

“The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”                                                                                                            John 8.29


Jesus is validating His testimony. He confirms His oneness with the Father. The Father sent Him and He lives in full obedience to the Father.

         “I do nothing on my own, but speak just what the Father has taught me.” (v 28)

Jesus’ oneness with the Father ensures that the Father is constant in His life. His obedience to the Father’s will results in the Father’s presence with Him at all times.

There is a message and an encouragement here for me. As I seek to live in obedience to the Father, He will be with me. He will guide and direct me. He will equip and strengthen me. He will protect and preserve me.

Today, I also pick up a further meaning to the phrase he has not left me alone.

I feel as if God is saying, “As you commit to live in obedience to me, I will most assuredly be with You. And I will certainly not leave you alone. I will lead you and guide you. I will prod you in the direction I want you to go. Sometimes I might even provoke you into doing those things that are in my plan for you to outwork and achieve. Some of these things may appear ordinary and of no great import. Other might appear amazing and almost impossible. They all have value. All are necessary to the building of My Kingdom. I ask you to be obedient in all that I call you to do.”




Lord God,

May I ever be obedient to Your will. I want to truly follow Jesus and live a life in which I follow the path You have ordained for me.

Jesus sought You out. He looked for You in everything. I want to do likewise. Be with me, Lord. Show me Your way, lead me in it, in Jesus’ name I ask.                    Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment