Monday 4 May 2015

Given

“All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."                                                                                                                               John 6.37


Here, I see the faithfulness of the Father reflected in the Son. The Triune God is unity and whatever characteristic is found in one, is found in all three.

The first phrase of this verse assures me of God’s sovereign work in salvation. It is the Father who ‘gives’ us to Jesus and, in so doing, He ‘gives’ Jesus to us. Jesus endorses this a few verses later when He says, “No one comes to me unless the Father who sent me draws him” (v 44) I am so glad that the Father took hold of me, drew me to Him, and gave me to Jesus.

And as I come to Jesus, I have the assurance and comfort that He will never drive me away. He is there for me at all times. My desire is to be always with Him. I realize that He does not move away. I pray that I may never turn from Him. I may be tempted. Indeed, I may be sorely tempted. Yet if I call on Jesus I know He will help me.

The grace of the Father is ably and aptly demonstrated by the Son. And I know, beyond any shadow of doubt, that His grace truly, most definitely, is sufficient for me.






Holy Lord,

I thank You again for this further reminder of Your faithfulness. You are ever there. May this truth be deeply planted within me and may I ever live in it.

You have drawn me to You. Hallelujah! You have given me to Jesus. Hallelujah!

All that I need I will find in You, and You will never drive me away.

I come to You in deep desire and sweet love. I give myself to You. I look to this day’s journey with You. Lead me where You will.

I open myself to receive all that You have for me today. Take me, and have Your way in me, in Jesus’ name I ask.                        Amen.




My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment