Thursday 7 May 2015

Treasure

“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”                               Matt. 6.21


 I identify with the treasures of heaven. These mean so much more to me than treasures of the earth. I appreciate the degree of comfort and security that God has given me in this earthly life, but I see Him clearly as the provider. He has given me all I need.

I so love God. He comes before everything else. I reflect upon the various places I have been and the adventures I’ve experienced. He has led me, and He has walked beside me, sharing all with me. Life is filled with precious moments. At certain times the intensity of God’s love and blessing is greater, His presence seems closer, the intimacy deeper. For me, these times give me a touch and a taste of heaven. God willing, one day this will be fully available to me, and it will go on without end.

I gladly store up treasures in heaven. My “treasure” is truly not in this earth or of this earth. I look up – physically, metaphorically and spiritually, and my eyes light up, for I see the treasure that awaits me.

I know where my treasure is, and my heart responds. My heart leaps within me in joyous anticipation when I consider the treasure above. God is my treasure. And God is in my heart. I feel Him, He is part of me, and I am part of Him. How wonderful is this? How glorious it is to sit here in the tranquility of my private place, and feel Him, know Him, and silently commune with Him. What blessing, what love!





Dear God,

Yes, dear, dear Lord and God. You are here. The treasure of You fills me and consumes me. I open myself to the enormity and the fullness of You. Come in, Lord. My heart is Yours. May I touch Your heart with mine. May You touch my heart with Yours. Let me feel Your heartbeat. Let me live in it, please.              Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment