Sunday 24 May 2015

Without sin!

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”                       John 8.7


This story of the first stone is well known, yet it never ceases to impact me. By this simple statement, Jesus reminds us that we are all sinners, that no one is exempt. We can make no accusations against each other from a sinless-ness in ourselves.

Jesus is different. He was able to pass judgment because He, alone, was without sin. But He chose not to do so. He spoke clearly to the woman, of an opposite intent, “Then neither do I condemn you.”

Jesus’ words to all of us are not words of condemnation, but of love. He says, 
“I chose you! I chose you so that I could love you. I love you so much that I am willing to lay down my life for you. You are special to me. Know this. Come to me and relax. I am here to share peace and the power of peace with you. All you have to do is receive. The work has already been done. Receive me, and live in me.”




Lord Jesus,

I receive You afresh today. This is a new day and it brings new opportunity to live in You. I receive You and I commit to following You. Be with me. Fill me with Your presence.

Guide me in wisdom and peace. Let me bring You to all those with whom I shall have contact today. I pray especially for this.

Touch us all, Lord, with Your loving presence. May we be open to receive. Help us to let go of any impediment or burden. Your burden is easy. We want to come to You that our burden, also, will lighten.

Holy Lord, You are the way. I pray that many today will find their way in You.

Lead me through this day. Use me, please, to touch many with Your love and grace. I ask this in Your precious and powerful name.                   Amen.




My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment