Friday 1 May 2015

Unafraid

But he said to them, “It is I; don’t be afraid.” Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading.    
                                                                                                                        John 6.20, 21


The disciples were in the middle of the lake and experiencing a severe storm when they saw Jesus walking toward them on the water. They did not recognise Him and this terrified them. But then He identified Himself and they were relieved and grateful. They took Him into the boat and we read that, immediately, the boat reached the shore where they were heading. It would seem that they experienced a miraculous happening. From being three and one half miles out they were suddenly at the shore.

There are lessons in this story to be learned by believers in all ages. We may find ourselves in the midst of the most terrible and frightening experience when Jesus will suddenly appear. We may not recognise Him, and this could cause even greater fear in us. He may quite possibly identify Himself and assure us, “It is I; don’t be afraid. I am with you. I will see you through this difficult time”

As we receive Him and allow Him to take control, we may be assured that our difficulties will be overcome and we will safely reach the home shore.

For the disciples this seemed to be instantaneous. It might even be so, miraculously, for us. Whatever is God’s will, will happen, as we allow Him.




Dear Lord Jesus,

I marvel that You want to journey with me. I thank You for this and for the comfort and assurance this brings. I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

I so want to walk fully with You, yet I struggle with those undesirable elements of the world that afflict me, and even reside within me. Help me, gracious Lord! Let me know that You’re right with me, directing me and guiding me into the fullness of Your way. Lead me on, in Your precious name I ask.                Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment