Wednesday 29 April 2015

Pleasing Him

“By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.”                                       John 5.30


It is quite interesting to read of Jesus saying that He can do nothing by Himself. It further reinforces His commitment to live only to do the will of the Father.

This verse reiterates what Jesus has said earlier: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.”  (John 5.19)

It is undeniable that Jesus lived fully to please the Father. He followed the Father in doing. He was ever obedient to the Father.

Jesus says, “Follow me.” He’s beckoning me to live as He did, in full obedience to the Father’s will. I really try to do this, but I do not always succeed. I am not Jesus. I am not without sin, and the knowledge of my sin disappoints me so much. I know what to do, for I have so often encouraged others to do so: I need to run to my Dad in humble confession and repentance. I need to accept His forgiveness and move on – in Him. When we are acutely conscious of our sins is a time when Satan is at his most active. This is not a time to listen to him, but to turn to the Righteous One.





Lord God, Holy Father.

I have been reminded once again of the miserable sinner that I am. Again I say “sorry”, but it sounds so shallow and trite.

I humbly ask for Your forgiveness. Please lead me forward in good ways. Direct me clearly into the righteous paths and strengthen me to follow Your ways. Let me know that You are always with me. Let me feel Your presence as I journey on. I love You and don’t wish to disappoint You. I know I do. Please forgive me.

May I journey with You now, through this day?

I ask these things in Jesus’ name.            Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment