Tuesday 7 April 2015

All Creation

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.      Col. 1.16

From Rothenburg ob der Tauber we travelled to Augsburg. Our visit there wasn't too impressive due to constant rain. We left on Sunday to journey to Fussen, and the fairytale castle of Neuschwanstein.

As we got further into the Bavarian mountain country it started to snow. Suddenly we were in a winter wonderland. Joshua was fascinated. The crowded train was filled with holiday makers eagerly photographing the most beautiful scenery.





I found myself marvelling and thanking our great Creator. The scenery was so unbelievably beautiful. As this was also Easter Sunday I had further cause for celebration.

The elation and thanksgiving continued. After registering at our hotel in Fussen, we decided to walk to Neuschwanstein. This was a brave decision as it started to snow quite heavily when we were halway through, and in open country. But the marvels of the Creator continued unabated.

Then, turning a corner, we saw the wonder of Schloss Neuschwanstein perched high in the mountain and cosseted by swirling snows. I remembered that even thrones and powers are created by Him.





Walking this way with Joshua reminded me of a time - 45 years ago now - when I did 6 months voluntary work in Austria with handicapped males. I was there over the winter season and, walking 
here in Bavaria, the memories flood back.

My "boys" in Austria did not experience too much "normal" in their lives. Yet they were very happy, and they loved God. I think I can understand that, for He created them.

And so, I am mindful of the whole of creation. And on this special day it is good to give thanks immeasurable.


O Loving God and Holy Creator,

I thank You for the wonder of all of creation. Today I can marvel at the miracle of snow and its transforming effect on the landscape. I can remember my charges of so many years ago in Austria, and I can give You thanks.

I thank You also for the joy of sharing these present experiences with my grandson. Thank You, Lord.
    Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment