Sunday 26 July 2015

Family

My stay in Winchester has allowed me to catch up with a number of family members. On Friday I re-connected with three cousins, two of whom I hadn't seen for well over forty years. It was so good to share news, both current and past, and recall happy times from days gone by.

Yesterday, a pleasant drive in the sun through several counties got us to Totnes in Devon, and lunch with another cousin. This amazing Christian lady runs a charity organisation which works with young people (and their families) who experience a range of real, and often severe, difficulties. They have some truly amazing results, all of which she attributes, in faith, to God's leading, provision and guidance.

As we shared, she of her work in Britain, and me of my ministry in Australia, distance and time disappeared and we were together in wonderful connection and harmony. 

I am mindful, again, of the vast spiritual family God has blessed me with in Australia. In these recent days of re-connecting with so  many members of my natural family I have also, through them, been able to meet members of their spiritual families, and to know the unity that exists between us all.

When I scan the statistics attaching to this blog, I am surprised at the people, all over the world, who "tune in" and, hopefully, connect as part of God's wonderful family. So often I hear God say, "I've only got one church!" I feel the same applies to family - God has only one family. I feel most privileged to belong to it. I pray rich blessing on all my brothers and sisters in Him.




Holy Father,

I give You heartfelt thanks for these recent days when I have re-connected with so many of my natural family and, through some of them, met up with members of their spiritual families.

I see our unity in You. I give You thanks. I pray Your peace and blessing on all who will read this. May they be strengthened in You, and blessed to go forward in hope. Bring healing and wholeness, peace and contentment. Protect and provide for the whole of Your family, in Jesus' name I ask.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment