Monday 29 September 2014

Revelation



The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.                                                                                                                    Rom. 8.19


Christ is the Son of God.

I suggest “sons of God” may embrace all the children of God, both male and female.

Paul records that creation waits for the revelation of the sons of God in “eager expectation”. The Greek indicates a sense of watching, of intense anticipation. I don’t know about the rest of creation, but I see the human element as decidedly less that keen to see children of God revealed. The world may well be waiting for some change, yet I would chance to say that the world, or the majority of it, may be totally unaware that this is so.

Commentators suggest that the revelation of the sons of God will not come until the end. This may well be so for the full manifestation, but I believe each child of God is called to reveal what they can of their relationship with the Father in the here and now.

The unknowing – and seemingly uncaring – world desperately needs the love, forgiveness and reconciliation that only the Father can give. Do I do what I can to witness of the wonderful relationship God has drawn me into? I hope I do! But perhaps I can do more. Let me indicate my willingness to God, and invite Him to bring greater revelation to me, and through me.





Loving Father,

I am incredibly blessed by the relationship You have drawn me into. In all unselfishness I ask for more. Draw me, please, into deeper intimacy. Then use me if You will to share what I have. Lead me to those in need of You, and especially to those who will respond positively.

Allow me and lead me to be a true and loving witness to Jesus, in whose name I make these requests.        Amen.



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").
 

No comments:

Post a Comment