Wednesday 10 September 2014

No...



She obeys no one,
            she accepts no correction.
She does not trust in the LORD,
            she does not draw near to her God.
                          Zeph. 3.2


Originally written against Jerusalem, these words could apply equally today to many nations and individuals.

The independent spirit is all too obvious in the present world. God has largely been dispensed with. He is not needed. Humanity has made its own way. And what a mess it seems to be making!

I thank God that He came to me when I was in the midst of messing up my life doing it my way. I praise Him for the sweet rescue operation He mounted. I was humbled to accept His reaching out to me.

Even now, I do not do everything without fault or failure, but I most certainly trust Him – whatever the outcome.

I choose to walk with my God. I try to be obedient, and I ask Him to bring correction when it is necessary. I endeavour, as James encourages me, to draw near to God. I yearn for His drawing close to me.




Holy Lord,

I grieve for the nations and individuals in this world who have turned from You. I pray that You will draw them back to You in Your divine power. I thank You again for the day when You took me back.

I surrender completely to You. I endeavour to obey You and ask You to bring speedy correction when I am out of order. I place my trust in you yet again. I know this present trust is incomplete. I ask You to help me to release my full trust to You. I draw near to You and I firmly receive and believe James’ word that as I do so You will draw near to me.

Lead me on, precious Saviour, in intimate relationship. May I travel only those paths that will please You. And may You be my constant companion in the journey, in Jesus; name I ask.               Amen.



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").
 

No comments:

Post a Comment