Thursday 4 September 2014

Full trust



But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in your hands;
                            Psalm 31.14, 15a


I sense that recent years have been a time when God has been particularly calling for, and working on, my trust of Him. By this, I don’t mean passing lip service, but full trust. Just yesterday, a crossword clue of “full trust” yielded the answer, “faith”. This resonated well with me.

If I am to consider myself a man of faith, then I really must place my full trust in God. I rely on Him for all things; I look to Him in everything. I know this is the only way to go, yet it is hard to let go, to give over control to Him, and to be willing to go His way – every time.

Am I there? I like to think so, but I’m not really sure. The action I think is to take one day at a time. Today, I give myself to Him. This is likely most acceptable to Him for He tells me to live for today, and not to concern myself about tomorrow.

So, here goes. I place myself in His hands.




Lord God,

I thank You for the way in which You have been growing trust in me in recent times. I believe I am getting there. I surrender myself continually to You for Your work in me.

I give the day ahead to You. I invite You to have Your way in all that I do. I submit my timetable to You and offer myself for any changes You might care to make. I pray that in all that I am today and in everything I do, You will be honoured.

My desire is to live in the fullness of Your will, to please and delight You. Take me and make me wholly Yours. This is my simple prayer.

I look forward to journeying through this day with You. May we enjoy each other, whilst achieving whatever Your plan is.

Receive this prayer, with my love, in Jesus’ name.                    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment