Wednesday 10 July 2013

Priority



Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”                                           Mark 6.31


The disciples were busy. One might say they were “rushed off their feet” – a phrase that is, perhaps, more readily associated with the fast pace of modern life. Yet the disciples also experienced it, and there is something strangely gratifying about this. It gives us much hope.

The disciples were too busy to eat. Eating is most certainly a priority. Sadly, we may not always see the priority in spending time quietly with God in resting in Him. To the Christian, and the fulfilled Christian life, time with God – resting in Him, is every bit as important as the basic acts required to sustain physical life.

Jesus knew this, and He offered the disciples that opportunity. Jesus is the way. He is the key to resting in the arms of the Father, in love, peace and blessing.

Jesus calls us today. I hear Him now saying, “Come with me by yourself to a quiet place and get some rest.” Am I ready to say, “Lord Jesus, I come?”






Dear Jesus,

I thank You that You invite me to that special place where I may rest in God. I come. I lay aside any other concerns for I know my priority is to rest in You. As I do this, everything else will fall into place.

Your presence brings comfort. Right now, it is not difficult to release all other concerns and simply rest in You.

Receive me, my Lord. Sit with me. Speak to me. Let me be rested and strengthened in You. You are all I need, all I want.

Yes, I want You – with a passion! Receive me, make me wholly yours,
                        In Your precious Name I ask.                                                                 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment