Friday 5 July 2013

His shelter



He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91.1



What is it to dwell in the shelter of the Most High? The dwelling place connotes “refuge”. Firstly, then, the Most High, God Almighty, is the refuge of those who seek Him. In Him they will find peace and comfort, security and strength.

But this “refuge” is not for occasional visits as adverse circumstances demand. It is a place of abiding, a daily living with Him, seeking His shelter as a practiced way of life. It is also letting go to Him, and believing for His full and perfect will in all things – a complete trusting in Him. When this trust is extended to God in fullest measure then, I believe, rest in him will flow, freely and abundantly. And what a wonderful place it will be. O, to dwell in His shelter, and rest in his shadow!






Lord God,

I confess You truly as my Lord and my God. I affirm my commitment to You, sinner as I am. I repent of my sins and seek Your forgiveness.

I choose to come to You. I seek to dwell in Your shelter and to rest in You shadow. I look to You in every need and situation. You are my provider and my guide. I am not reluctant to do whatever needs to be done, but I seek always to be and to do in accordance with Your will for me.

I ask You to show me the way. May there be no mistaking in the path I am to take and whatever I am to do. I earnestly desire to follow Jesus and live in, and for, the will of my Father in heaven.

Heavenly Father, hear my cry. Receive me today and lead me on. Have Your way in me. I look to You. May I dwell always in the shelter of the Most High. May I ever rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I commit myself anew to You with this prayer, in Jesus’ Name.         
                                                                                                                                         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment