Thursday 18 July 2013

Our trust, our hope



Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save...

Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God.
      Psalm 146.3,5


God’s Word reveals truth and the reality of His amazing presence and working in our lives. It is often difficult to resist or ignore the ways of humanity. How easy it is, and how many times it seems necessary, to look to fellow humans for affirmation, indeed to place trust and hope in them.

This is not the way. The only way is with God. I may feel at times that God has all but deserted me. Yet this is false, it generates from my weak emotions rather than from a strong faith. In such moments, I need to remind myself that God is for me (Rom. 8.31). He will strengthen me as I need it. He will direct and guide me as I allow Him – even through the most ungodly-seeming circumstances.

I note a verse from the psalm that follows this present one:

            The LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.       (Psalm 147.11)

Whatever circumstances may surround me, may I ever put my hope in the unfailing love of my loving God and Father. May I continue to grow daily in holy fear of Him. Hallelujah!






Lord God, Holy Father,

I thank You for Your constancy. I love and adore You. I commit to the fullness of Your ways for me – whatever they may be and wherever they might lead.

I place my full hope in You. You are my strength and my shield. You are my life and my destiny. Have Your way in me and with me. Lead me, I pray, into a holy fear of You that grows greater with every passing day. Receive my prayer, in Jesus’ Name I ask.      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment