Tuesday 30 July 2019

The Divine Parent

“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast 
and have no compassion on the child she has borne? 
Though she may forget, I will never forget you! 
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.”  Isa. 49.15,16a


This whole chapter is filled with promises from God. The present section refers to the restoration of Israel and God’s promises of what He will do.

However, I boldly claim His promises for all believers. And I do not think that God will deny this!

God is both Father and Mother. He is our true parent. He made us. Certainly our earthly parents played a part, but the whole was orchestrated by God.

God tells how it is just possible for an earthly mother to forget her child. Strange as it may seem, I know of happenings of this. God will not bring any sense of this into His mothering. He clearly says that He will never forget me. This is a most wonderful and lasting promise. God is my eternal parent – father and mother.

God has engraved me on the palms of His hands. He has taken me into Himself; I am part of Him. This surely fits with His creation of me in His own image. I am truly, truly with Him!

Jesus, God’s Son and my Brother, tells me that He has all authority in heaven and on earth. Thus, all authority – everywhere is available to me. I wonder how many Christians, even true believers, really take hold of this truth. As God once told me: He can do anything, and I can do all things in His strength. This is where I want to live, and I know God is more than willing to help me.



My Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank You for making me Your child. I thank You for making me in Your image. I thank You for the reality of knowing that You can do anything. I thank You for the reminder that I can do all things in You. I read this as me doing all that I do in You, but also, in You, I can do anything. I thank You.     Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment