Saturday 6 July 2019

With Him

And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.           Heb.10.10



Jesus lived to do God’s will. Quoting Psalm 40 He says, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.”  Throughout His life He sought only to do the Father’s will.

The will of God is both awesome and amazing. Jesus lost His life through God’s will. And in that same will we all receive eternal life. We have been made holy because it is God’s will. He wants us in close relationship with Himself. I so want to get close to God, to enjoy intimacy with Him. I hold a secret wish to be His friend, to be a man after God’s own heart. This is my desire. It is almost incomprehensible for me to believe that God also yearns for intimacy with me. Yet this is the truth. This provides the only satisfactory explanation for the passion event.

My God – great, majestic and glorious – is also the epitome of love. He yearns for me to enjoy closeness with Him, to share with Him in the deep things, those aspects of life that are of ultimate importance. It seems that I share in amazing consensus with God. Hallelujah! 



Lord God,
I rejoice that I am made holy in Jesus. I rejoice and I thank You. His holiness fits me to come to You. I come now.
Lord, You know the deepest desires of my heart, which are to know You and to live in Your love and in the richest closeness to You.
I am reminded today most clearly that this is also something that You desire, perhaps even more than I do.
I greet You, Lord, for I know You are here, You are with me. May we share a most wonderful day. And may this day never end but stretch into eternity. I Love You and I thank You for the amazing thing that Jesus did for me.     Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment