Wednesday 29 May 2019

The mystery

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.               Col. 1.27


The mystery, once hidden, is now known. It has been made plain to as many as will heed and receive it. It comes by God’s divine revelation to the individual. It fills the individual who is fully open to receive it. It does not entirely lose all of its elements of mystery, but perhaps it becomes more a source wonder and amazement.

The wonder, for me, is that Christ is in me. The God of all the universe, Creator of all, source of all love, mercy, grace and power has taken up residence within me. This is truly amazing.

I have hope for glory. I know that, after this life, I am going to enter into glorious eternity with my Lord and Saviour. But that hope touches me already. I live today in the love and peace and provision of God. For me, eternity has begun. Certain of God’s riches are available to me right now. Others will not come in this earthly life but are awaiting me.

But here and now I live in the riches of God’s grace and pardon. I am freed from my sins and I can enjoy His gracious provision in my life. I know love, true love. He has touched me with His own perfect love and He enables me, as I allow Him, to love others as myself. I am blessed. I thank God for His revelation of this mystery to me.



Lord God,
I thank You for the glorious riches I enjoy in You. I rejoice in the hope of future glory and I gratefully receive the blessings You extend to me now.
I thank You for the release from sin that Your forgiveness ensures. I thank You for the everyday provision for my needs. I thank You for the blessings of love, the love You shower me with and the love that is offered to me by others. Let me return that love in the fullest measure I can, motivated and sustained by Christ in me, in whose name I ask this.               Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment