Wednesday 22 May 2019

In Him

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.                                     Eph. 3.12


Paul here declares the glorious truth of Jesus. He is the way, and the only way to the Father. Jesus has opened, for us all, the way to God. It is a personal way. I can now, through Jesus, enter directly into the presence of the Father. This is so powerful and meaningful to me. I see the centuries through which the Israelites could only approach God at a distance. There was always a go-between, the priest. And the priest was only permitted closeness with the presence of God on one day of each year.

How Jesus changed things! I can now enter sweet communion with my Holy Father at any time. I can speak with Him in the familiarity of my home surroundings. I do not need an intermediary. Jesus has opened the way for me. In Jesus I have freedom, and the greatest aspect of this freedom for me is that I can be myself. God knows me and He accepts me as I am. Certainly I might want to change things about me but any change is really up to God.

Through faith in Jesus – and, yes, even the faith I have comes from Him – I can approach God. I am free to be me. And I have confidence. This confidence is, firstly, not in me but in Him. I am confident of who God is. I am confident of His great and wonderful attributes. It is not about me but about Him. Further to my confidence in Him, I am then confident in who I am – in Him. I am a son of the High God, the greatest power of all. I am His son and He is my loving Dad.




Lord God,
I thank You for the mighty work of Jesus. He has truly opened the door for me to come into Your presence. I come, Lord. I come and, as I do, I ask for nothing other than to be Your son and to enjoy relationship with You. I ask this in Jesus. I have confidence, in Him, to receive. Hallelujah!            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment