Tuesday 7 May 2019

Provision

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.                                                                  2 Cor. 9.10


I wonder if these words from Paul are a reminder to me today. Is God sending me further encouragement? Paul’s words say that not only will the store be supplied, but it will also be increased. I receive these words. I trust God, and I know that He will provide all I need. His provision will be neither meagre nor mean, but He will provide in abundance.

Furthermore, God’s provision will result in a harvest of righteousness. Could this mean ministry? This is my wish I know but, again, the reality must be left with God – in His time, in His way.

He knows my heart. He knows my earnestness to be used by Him. He doesn’t need me. I am clear on this, but He just might choose me. How wonderful that would be. But I must leave it with Him.



Lord God,
I’m rambling a bit this morning and I ask You to forgive me. I receive these words of Paul very personally. Perhaps I am not meant to. Please correct this if it is so.
There is such encouragement in this verse and I thank You for this. You are indeed the provider – of all things. Your provision is always timely and most appropriate. Praise God!
I commit the day ahead to You. I pray for strength, wakefulness and alertness. I commit this whole day to You. Empower me, guide me, and use me as You will, in Jesus’ name I ask.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment